One of the largest student transportation services providers in the world operates an extensive fleet of over 15,000 school busses in the United States alone.
Its employees use the iProcurement module in Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1.3 to raise Purchase Order Requisitions and procure the parts and materials needed to services its fleet of school busses.
In this case study, you will learn how they leveraged automation to ensure swift and cost-effective maintenance of its school bus fleet, and addressed the following key challenges:
- High volume of requisitions: over 500 requisitions are raised daily by users in the US alone.
- Negatively impacting performance: each and every requisition needed to be validated.
- Varying approval limits and job titles: its US and Canada operations use different approval limits and job titles.
- Disparate systems: budgets are maintained by a separate system outside of Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Inability to add multiple approval levels: doing so would stall the requisition process and prevent service to vehicles that require immediate attention.